16 Oct We are hiring!
The award-winning Cambridge Food Tour is growing at a fast pace and we are looking for fellow foodies to support our team. It gives us great pleasure to announce that we are looking to hire food tour guides to join our amazing team at the Cambridge Food Tour!
Love food? We have the job for you!
Do you love Cambridge? Do you love food? Can you lead a crowd, make them laugh, and have everyone literally eating out the palm of your hand? If so, then this job is for you! The Cambridge Food Tour is looking for passionate, highly energetic, entertaining, and responsible Food Tour Guides.
Showing Cambridge through the eyes of a foodie is a fun job. You will meet lots of interesting fellow foodies, spend time walking around our beautiful city and are always one of the first to know about new exciting foodie places.
Leading a food tour is a combination of quick on-your-feet thinking, advanced storytelling, and herding cattle from one location to the next. We provide you all the training you need to get you up to speed. Once you know the drill, you’ll be amazed that you’re getting paid for something so fun and rewarding.
The Cambridge Food Tour organises a lot of Masterclasses and events from chocolate making classes to cocktail classes, butchery or full day events. We are known for delivering high-quality tours and events. To guarantee the smooth running of these events, we are looking for enthusiastic foodies. No storytelling needed here, but being the spill at these events and ensuring the high level of quality of the Cambridge Food Tour is maintained.
What are we looking for?
- You must live in the Cambridge area or know Cambridge inside out
- Flexible availability, weekdays, weekend and evenings
- Must be available on Saturdays
- All age groups from 18+
- Good sense of humour
- Love food and travel
- Open to change
- Know a lot or willing to learn about the local food scene
- Doesn’t mind a spot of rain, wind and cold!
- You love people and they love you
- Responsible, dependable, trustworthy, and on time every single time
- Able to learn and deliver scripted material
- Well-timed, respectful humour, and strong levels of empathy, charisma, & charm
- Advanced storytelling talent and knack for reading and controlling an audience
- All positions are on a freelance basis
- Available both during the week and at weekends
- Would be great if you speak another language, but no problem if not
- You must be willing to sample all the food and drink we serve on our tour
- Total team player!
Interested? Get In Touch
Email Gerla on firstname.lastname@example.org and send us your CV and tell us about
- your favourite food
- best and worst food experience in Cambridge
- type of food you like to cook at home
- favourite travel destination and why
Looking forward to hearing from you!