13 Jun Eating Around The World
I’m a globetrotter foodie and always keen to get under the skin of a city or country I visit, going off the beaten track to get to know the latest food, fine local produce, but also their local food and markets and the hot places to eat in town. I think the best way to learn about a country’s food is to join a local in the kitchen and go shopping with them.
Having done quite a few great food tours myself, I was chuffed to find out that the Cambridge Food Tour was listed as one of the top 20 food tours in the world by Numbia in 2015.
On this page, I will share food tours I have done and my bucket list. Drop me a line if you are keen to find out more about these tours and classes. For travel inspiration, you might want to check out my travel website Globetrotter Foodie. I’ve had a break for a while to create delicious tours in Cambridge, but will be uploading soon my travels from the last seven years!
Great stuff I have done
- Keralan cuisine with Nimmy Paul
- Keralan cuisine with Philip Kutty
- Keralan cuisine with Brunton Boatyard
- South Indian cuisine in Coorg
( absolutely awesome – THE thing to do in NYC. Food, culture, off the beaten track and meet the artisans)
( you haven’t seen Saigon if you haven’t explored the city on the back of a Vespa)
- Foraging on the seabed – The thing to do when you at Terschelling!
- The Big Foody – What better than to explore with a Cambridge girl!
- Private Wine and Cellar tour of the Jordan Vineyards – Must do, it’s amazing or one of these tours
- Food Walking Tour in Split – Eat, drink and fun, but you get to shop and create your own lunch too!
- Off-Road Island Safari with a Peka lunch and wine tasting – Must do if you want to see the real Hvar!
My Bucket List
I love learning from locals so watch this space!
- Brighton Food Tour
- Norwich Food Tour
- Sole Food Safari Bournemouth
- Edinburgh Food Safari
- Made in Malton Food Tour
- Savouring Bath
The list will be endless. So many places still to visit so many excuses to take part in a food tour!